Sunday, November 20, 2005

It Just Doesn't Get Any Worse

I was thinking that I have been into running since I was 16 and it's this ongoing love affair that in return at times gives me knee pain, dehydration, minor low back pain and yet I still do it. And I probably will continue on for another 30 or more years plus. The other day I was just out for 30 minutes or less but I had about 10 or 7 min. to go and my legs were feeling heavy. God dammit! Why don't I have that spring that I used to have? Age.....(music turns maudlin)

But after when I got home I still felt like I always do. The rested and sweaty feeling after a run, long or short. My legs felt fluid and loose. My mind was at ease, calm and serene. Something deep in my psyche relieved, I earned my run with all the endorphins and sweat, like medicine. And yet maybe I wasn't faster than the day before I still show up and pant down the street. So it really can't get any worse, can it? The real question: can it get any better?

No comments: